Well I went and did it again. I got involved in yet another interactive fan fiction story. This time, my character was paired with Richie (much more to my liking). That story wrapped in early November 2008, and I had been asked to assemble the "story posts", that is, the posts that tell Richie and Jen's story, in one place for people to read.

So I'm doing it.

I'm having to add some filler as I go, as there were lengthy pauses between the verbose posts I made, but I'm trying to keep the flow of the story going.

The Richie/Jen story is only half of the fan fic project. The other half was a Jon/T story. That is not explored here at all. In fact, very little mention is made. Just enough so it isn't a surprise when T shows up at various points.

If anything is confusing, please let me know. I've been living this character for the better part of the last eight months, and her memories are mine. I forget, sometimes, that you all can't see into my head.

I hope you enjoy the story. It starts here.

~ Hath

Shock Value

Monday, November 10, 2008
Jennifer didn’t have to go back to work. Not at all. What she did have to do is talk to one of her new Jovi friends. Samantha and she had clicked instantly, and Jennifer fired off a quick PM to her friend Samantha, who’d know JUST what she should do. She hadn’t been this confused, excited, or frankly turned on since long before her divorce.

PM FROM THE GODDESS HATHOR TO SAMANTHAC :
Jesus, Sam, I talked to him. There is no doubt I spoke with Richie fucking Sambora today. So that means Bill is definitely Jon. Holy shit. I still can't wrap my head around it, and I have no fucking idea what I said to him. I think I made him laugh, I can't be sure. What I can be sure of is he asked when I was going to post more Photographer.

HOLY FUCK, he read that!

I don't know whether to be flattered he wants to read more, or mortified at what he read. He actually asked me if he and I, if I know first hand about his technique. Shit. I got it right?!? I just may never sleep again thinking about that.

He wants to call me again, too! When I’m freer to talk. Am I dreaming all this?

Yeah, sure, Jennifer thought. He’s not going to call again. Shaking her head, she went about her day. She had lots of fires to put out, mostly because her minions had asked for her advice, been given it, then promptly ignored it, causing all sorts of problems. She was exhausted by the time she got home, and switched off her phone and crawled into bed without checking her PMs. The next morning, she saw the response from Samantha:

PM FROM SAMANTHAC TO THE GODDESS HATHOR:
Ok, first off....deep breaths.

Let's think about this rationally.

So...you are now talking to RFS, and T is talking to JFBJ, they have read your stories, and RS is a "fan" of The Photographer. AND you have aptly described his *technique.*

*fans self*

Does this about sum it up?

First off....SQUEEEEEEEEEE...*bops inner teeny over head*

Alright, you need a plan for when he calls back. Not that you'd ever say anything stupid, but you need to be intriguing.

I think you should treat this just like any other random guy you might be talking to that you met from the internet. Like the sign says, approach with caution.

Make HIM want to meet YOU, not the other way around.

And it can't be on his turf, like at the Boston show. Pick someplace neutral.

And remember, when you talk to him, BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT!

Jennifer had to laugh out loud at that one. For Christ’s sake, she was just some nobody from boston! He was an international freaking rock star. Yeah sure, make him want her. She thought her friend was well-meaning, but obviously delirious.

PM FROM THE GODDESS HATHOR TO SAMANTHAC :
Yeah, Samantha, you pretty much summed it up.

Hey, I'm not an intriguing kinda gal. I'm in your face with who I am; no excuses, no games. Subterfuge takes too much energy. And hell yeah I'd stay stupid shit, I do it all the time; it'll be no different talking to HIM. I think you're right about treating this like any other random guy though. I mean, just because he's who he is, well, that doesn't mean I should throw caution out the window.

I don't even know that I want to meet him in person yet. Isn't that just stupid? I kind liked talking with him on the phone -- I could forget for a second who he was, and just relax. If I were sitting across from him, I'm pretty sure I would have sounded like the ferret from those old Budweiser commercials. Nope, I like this just fine for now. What's wrong with me?

Anyway, just 'cause he asked if he could call again, doesn't mean he's gonna. Been there, done that too. At least I got to talk to him one on one, and DAMN he said my name. More than once. That was just *swoon* wonderful...

IF we meet, it won't be at the show -- not unless he wants to meet a bunch of us. I'm going with friends (Willlow among them) and I'm not ditching them, even for Richie Sambora -- that's not my style. My place is not too far outside the city, but I'm staying in town for the couple of days. We could do drinks in the hotel bar. ARGH I mean coffee. But, I don't wanna get ahead of myself, or set myself up for disappointment. I don't even know if he's gonna call back.

Oh yeah *breathe, just breathe*

I'll let you know if he calls again. Though you'll probably hear the thud of my head hitting the floor from there!

PM FROM SAMANTHAC TO THE GODDESS HATHOR:
Shut yo mouth, girl! You absolutely ARE intriguing! If you weren't, you wouldn't be able to write like you do, and you certainly wouldn't have the legions of minions.

PLUS, don't you think he finds it intriguing that you're able to so accurately describe his, um, PROWESS?

One doesn't have to play games to be intriguing. Be your regular up-front self.

But whatever you do, don't be a FAN. Or rather, don't act like one. That would be the kiss of death.

Act like the whole fiction thing is just a lark...a creative outlet, if you will.

If he asks you to meet him at the concert though, I think you should refuse. Tell him that's your time with your girlfriends and you just want to enjoy that, without trying to coordinate a backstage visit.

But coffee....that could work, Jen. Find a hip, laidback coffee shop with lots of hot male barristas, sit in the corner so you can see him come in...yeah...that could work.

And give me a break. He'll call back.

PM FROM THE GODDESS HATHOR TO SAMANTHAC :
Well thanks for the "intriguing" thing, and the writing thing is just pent up sexual frustration. I'm sure he finds it a little disconcerting that I sorta accurately described his, yeah, prowess is a good word. He probably thinks I know someone who he's erm, yeah, that with him.

As for the fan thing, that's why I like the whole phone arrangement. I'd rather get to know him that way before meeting him (if we meet). And yeah, I already said I wouldn't meet him after the show. I'm not ditching my GFs.

And this is Boston. All the hot male barristas are gay.

Jennifer laughed at her friend. Samantha was a wonderful sounding board. She’d call it like she sees it, and help you with whatever it was you needed help with. The coffee shop sounded like a good idea. She’d have to scope out good ones downtown around the Garden and see what looked best.

If he ever called again.

0 comments:

(c) 2008 by TheGoddessHathor

This is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post this or any other work found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.