Well I went and did it again. I got involved in yet another interactive fan fiction story. This time, my character was paired with Richie (much more to my liking). That story wrapped in early November 2008, and I had been asked to assemble the "story posts", that is, the posts that tell Richie and Jen's story, in one place for people to read.

So I'm doing it.

I'm having to add some filler as I go, as there were lengthy pauses between the verbose posts I made, but I'm trying to keep the flow of the story going.

The Richie/Jen story is only half of the fan fic project. The other half was a Jon/T story. That is not explored here at all. In fact, very little mention is made. Just enough so it isn't a surprise when T shows up at various points.

If anything is confusing, please let me know. I've been living this character for the better part of the last eight months, and her memories are mine. I forget, sometimes, that you all can't see into my head.

I hope you enjoy the story. It starts here.

~ Hath

Intrigue

Thursday, October 23, 2008
Richie checked his email. He had another from Jon. He smiled. Jon knew damned well that Richie wasn’t as technologically advanced as he was. Hell, he only had a laptop because it was a gift from his well-meaning friend. He opened the email. There was a link to some website and a short note.

DATE: Saturday, May 16, 2008 23:32
FROM: frontman@bj.com
TO: wingman@bj.com
SUBJECT: Do I Know You?

http://hathor-encounters-photog.blogspot.com/

Check this out, bro, I think she knows you. Ha ha.

~ J


Well hell, Richie thought, now his interest was piqued. He clicked the link and came to what looked like an unassuming site; until he saw his own name and image on the page. “What the fuck” he said aloud. When he started to read, he groaned. Not another of these stories. He did not have the patience for this. He noticed the author’s name was familiar though, and he called Jon.

“What the fuck is this?” Richie asked without rancor. “Why’d you send this to me? You know I don’t care about this shit.”

Jon laughed. “Thought you might find it entertaining,” he said. “I’ve seen her around some of the fan boards, and this was something new she did, and holy shit, man, you’ve gotta read it.”

“I started to, but stopped when I saw what it was.”

“No, seriously, Rich. READ that shit.”

Yeah, sure,” Richie said, rolling his eyes. “Maybe. Hey, why is the name familiar? Who is this Goddess Hathor person? Where have I heard that before?”

“Remember last month? Someone posted from one of her stories on our blog? Obie was cackling like a loon? Any of this ring a bell?”

“Oh yeah,” Richie said. “That was actually pretty funny.” And hot, too, he thought. “I can’t believe Obie didn’t have it taken down. So, that’s her then?”

Jon nodded, though Richie couldn’t see him. “Yep. I’ve actually chatted with her on one of the boards, though she doesn’t know who I am. It seems she has quite a Jones for you, man.”

“Ya think? And, so what? So do lots of women,” Richie said, making Jon laugh. “That ain’t braggin’ brother, that’s plain-as-shit FACT!”

Jon laughed. “Yeah, but she seems different. I don’t know how to explain it, she actually seems to care that you’re a person. Whatever, man; just give the story a read. I think you’ll find it, uh, stimulating!” He chuckled at his own wit and hung up.

Richie, shaking his head, read the story just so he wouldn’t have to listen to Jon’s shit if he didn’t. Then he read it again. Three times.

Then he called Jon back.

“Damn, man, she writes some pretty hot shit. Uh, it sounds like, well, does she know me?” Jon didn’t have to ask what he meant.

“I don’t know. She doesn’t seem to be one of your skanky one-nighters, man,” Jon said, “so don’t even go there. If you met her, it was something else.” He then went on to tell Richie about some of the things she posted about her divirce, her looks, their songs in general, and one particular story he found touching regarding the girls’ favorite Bon Jovi songs. Jon was reading it directly from the board.

Never Say Goodbye was our senior prom song (yeah, us and a thousand other high schools, I'm sure) and the guy I went, Kirk, with was enlisting in the Army. We had been together forever, since we were in diapers actually, and had finally succumbed to the attraction we'd felt since we hit puberty. Before that, neither of us wanted to fuck up a friendship with sex, and I KNOW, sex after prom, how do you get more cliché than that, but it was 20 years ago, and I'm done feeling like I have to explain myself.

Richie chuckled. He couldn’t count how many people over the years had told him or one of the others that Never Say Goodbye was the prelude to their virginity loss. He tuned back in when Jon continued reading the story.

We had a wonderful summer together, then I went off to college, and he went off to boot camp. We stayed in touch for a while, then he said he was going somewhere that the mail wasn't always reliable, and to not get worried if he couldn't get word to me. We corresponded for years, and he had leave scheduled for our 10 year reunion, and I was so excited to see him again.

A week before the reunion, I learned he had been killed. I went anyway, to reconnect with friends, and to let them know about Kirk's death. The DJ played all the songs from prom, and everyone who was there paired up in the prom-date couples for NSG. I sat at my table and cried.


“Holy shit,” Richie said.

“Yeah, She finishes by saying that the song still gets to her after all these years. Makes her sad in remembering him, but so happy at the memories. Rich, this girl is for REAL.”

Jon kept talking about her, describing her obvious love for her family, and Richie sighed. He got it, she sounded like a great girl; a normal woman. So what? Although, if her writing was anything to go by, he’d have a hell of a time with her.

“Why the fuck are you pushing this woman at me?” Richie asked.

Jon sighed. “Look, man, it’s no secret that you’ve made some, well, piss-poor choices lately. Let someone else make the choice for you this time.”

“I don’ t need you setting me up with girls,” Richie said.

“No, but you apparently need someone to hook you up with a woman.”

“I don’t know man,” Richie said, not willing to let Jon know he was actually quite eager to meet her. “She’s still a fan. Do you have a sense of whether she’s trustworthy or not?”

Jon answered, “I don’t know for sure, but she seems like a normal person. I think she can probably be trusted. Why?”

“Can you find out if she’d want to meet me?”

Jon laughed. “Man, I don’t think that would be an ‘if’. But, hey, to do that, I’d have to out myself to her.”

“I know that,” Richie retorted. “That’s why I asked if you thought she was trustworthy.”

Jon sighed. “Lemme think about it. I’ll get back to you.”

1 comments:

Jovi's Willow said...

I am beyond excited to see that you are putting this into story form. I am really looking forward to "reliving" it all!

(c) 2008 by TheGoddessHathor

This is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post this or any other work found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.